Parthian Shot at Substack


Once upon a time I wrote this blog, called The Guillotine. I would not pretend for a moment to understand what its politics were other than if you had something you loved and cherished and wished others to be forced to love and cherish it too—I was definitely against it. I called it The Guillotine because I always thought The Terror was at least an accurate attempt to address the problem of bad leadership. But you know political cures can be hard to administer, especially when the people get distracted by saviors and imperial designs.

Now, I write something called Parthian Shot, whose name also aligns with certain political but also aesthetic ideas I have. I still write a lot about politics there, but as you see by list of features it is more culturally diverse now, and yes I do sometimes write about Tarot cards as "art and oracle". Who knows? You might learn something reading that content too.

Anyway, you can subscribe for free and read my Notes, and an occasional posting. Paid subscribers have access to the full archive of posts, including content from my old websites.

Try it out.

Comments